Tax Audit Representation
Have you received a notice from the IRS or Virginia Department of Taxation that you are under audit? There’s no need to panic. Rue & Associates’ experienced tax professionals can represent you in an audit and give you peace of mind.
Why Do I Need Professional Tax Audit Representation?
- Communicating with the tax authorities can be daunting and stressful. The IRS and state tax departments have their own lexicons that tax professionals understand but most people do not. We speak the language of tax and can efficiently communicate with the authorities so you don’t have to.
- You may volunteer information that can hurt your case. While you likely haven’t done anything wrong, you may still inadvertently provide information to the auditor that you didn’t want them to have which can make the audit even worse. We will brief you prior to speaking with the authorities as we know audit procedure and tax laws, and can provide the relevant information on a need-to-know basis.
- We know what documentation is required to get you out from the audit as soon as possible. When you book a tax audit consultation with us, we can instruct you on what documentation you must provide that is absolutely necessary for making your audit as quick and painless as possible so that you will be prepared and also not volunteering too much information.
- A tax professional can negotiate a settlement if you owe additional taxes per your audit. If you self-represent, you are not likely to get as favorable of a deal as a tax professional who is highly familiar with the law and audit procedures. You will not only save time with professional representation, but potentially thousands of dollars.
- You’ll have peace of mind. At Rue & Associates, it’s our world-class tax professionals’ job to advocate for you. We are obligated to stay up-to-date on the latest tax law and audit procedure changes and have successfully represented many clients in tax audits. You can have peace of mind that your tax matters are in capable hands and your information is kept confidential.
Contact us today.
Related Blogs and pages: